- Cheap IKEA (or other) Rug
- Exacto Knife
- Fabric Paint
- Foam Paint Brush (50 cents at Home Depot)
- I created a stencil by tracing a Moroccan tile shape onto a piece of card stock and cutting out the negative space with an Exacto knife.
- I placed the stencil on the rug starting in the top left corner.
- I used a washable white fabric paint and a stippling brush to fill in the stencil.
- I repeated steps 2 and 3 working my way from left to right all the way down the rug until the design was completed.
- Painting freehand, I filled in the unfinished spots left by the "bridges" of the stencil.